Monday, June 29, 2020

Relaxing on red couch

What a nice relaxing day I've had.

Early on, I walked around the block. As fast as I could. Wore my blue culottes and 'tree shirt.'

Got up very late as I went to bed around 4 am.

Am trying to keep New Directions together. Emailed them MY NEDA, suggested by Kendra, a documentary on the brutality toward women in Iran.

Listened to Terry Gross on Fresh Air. Her guest was Rhiannon Giddens, What a talented singer she is. The banjo, she said, is originally from Africa. Her mom is black and her dad white. They had to move to another county in North Carolina so they could marry.

Rhiannon studied opera at Oberlin but never graduated. She sang in her operatic voice.

Terry Gross was very appreciative as is Ruth Z Deming.

Just watched a fairly good film called LAD.

View this award-winning film here.

The British scenery is spectacular.

I had to get used to Tom's bad temper.

For lunch I ate Ralstan Purina. I doubled the recipe and added peanut butter for protein. The peanut butter was weeping oil.

At last I got my act together to call Freda and Bernie. They were so glad to here from me.

Doesn't that make you feel great?






Don't forget, said Freda, we're 94 years old.

They live at Paul's Run in Philadelphia, which they love !!!

Gonna open my front door and see what the weather is like.

Not fit for man nor beast.

Actually I may go for an abbreviated walk.

My sister Lynn critiqued a short story I wrote last night - tentatively titled THE CROSSWORD PUZZLE - and I'd like to submit it somewhere new.

I've never discovered a new lit mag that likes my work.

RELAXING ON RED COUCH

Proust spent his life in bed writing his masterpiece
À la recherche du temps perdu
A book that moved me not

For breakfast I brought my Hungry Hens omelet
to couch and gobbled it up, wanting more

As I read the awful news from The New York Times
We do not like el presidente
and long for his defeat come November
may he feel what it's like, the racist, 
to be in George Floyd's shoes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment