Sunday, August 2, 2020

Wrinkles, if not on the skin, then in the clothes, that's why Chico's became famous - Poem: Reading in Bed

Thanks for taking the picture, sister Lynn.

Lynn brought delicious food like in the days when we met on Sundays at 1 pm at Mommy's. 

My bowl had ground turkey, kidney beans, yogurt. And a melting Milano for desert. 




The heat was dreadful out on the back deck. Lynn had never seen it before. 

Darn... Scott's photo did not come out and unlike the old blog, I was unable to diminish the size of the photo. 

Lynn brought me more clothes. Will surprise Scott when I wear something new when I go over in a little while. All the clothes are lying in my bedroom and unwrinkling themselves. 


Yikes. I just learned about the name KAREN if you're a white person. 

Very bad connotation. Will not ruin the name for you by citing the Times or CNN.

And now, all 16 readers, it's upstairs I go to tiptoe over my unwrinkling close and read myself to sleep. 

READING IN BED

How many of us across the globe
end each day by reading in bed?

No matter what has happened,
if we are riddled with guilt

Or worried about what tomorrow
will bring

Reading in bed solves all
as the bright moon 

Glows above.


No comments:

Post a Comment