Sunday, August 16, 2020

Update on Freda Rose - Poem: Screened-in Back Porch

 Chuck Van Zyl | Discography | Discogs

Chuck van Zyl, host of Stars.end on WXPN.

Known as ambient music I'm listening to it in my upstairs office. A better photo showed him in his studio surrounded by equipment, wearing jeans, and standing on oriental carpets.

Chuck is playing "Pavilions" by Johnny Woods. 

This is all new to me. 

...

My friend Teresa Forstater spoke to FredaRose earlier today, actually yesterday. Freda is rallying. 

...

Earlier I spoke with sister Amy all the way in Seattle, WA. She has a lovely home with a working office attached. 

I was walking up and down Cowbell Road as we spoke. 

It's the time when folks go out for their evening strolls, most in pairs, a few pushing baby carriages, many walking dogs. 

"The Ame" and I discussed how much we love houses. Told her I'm getting new siding and a new back porch. 

Back porch from Internet please:

Image result for screened in back porch

My old back porch had a whirring fan on top. I have never liked these. They're too high up and I don't feel the breeze.

I learned that wood "rots," esp since it's exposed to the elements. My friend Carlos had done a lot of work on the back porch.

Bob's Home Improvement had a huge pile of rubble, Barney, to throw in Thursday's trash day. I noticed a pink carpet which I had forgotten all about.

My laundry tub had overflown and ruined my pink carpet. My late neighbor Charlie came over and sopped everything up with newspapers.

Items from the late Judy Diaz were also there. Her white wicker sofa and coffee table.

Bob had set up the back porch comme ca while they worked on it. You should see the ceiling. It's naturally sloped and has these attractive panels there. 

Good! This girl is getting tired. 

My sister Lynn is coming over early tomorrow morning WITH BREAKFAST FOR ME!!!

Don't eat any eggs, she cautioned me.

MY NEW SCREENED-IN BACK PORCH

I sit, doing absolutely nothing.

The birds are curious.

They fly over and look inside.

Oh, it's our girl, they say,

With a new nest.

I sit there chasing away thoughts

with my badminton racket

hoping a butterfly will soar past

and apprise me, for just a moment,

of The Eternal Verities.


No comments:

Post a Comment