Saturday, August 22, 2020

Poem: Running Hot down the Hilly Sidewalk - Bradford Teakettle - Choosing a book from my pile

 Was getting ready to watch THE NAKED CITY on YouTube, when the phone rang.

FILM: The Naked City | Warner Library

It was a woman named Hope who said she LOVED my email alerts.

Thank you ma'am.

Her old farm house in Bryn Mawr was targeted by a tornado - yes! - a tornado and half of the house was devastated. 

Contractors are fixing it now. 

... 

Just came home from chasing LISA the mail woman. We each wore masks. I had gotten lots of mail - bills, it looked like - but now I was carrying something for my sister Lynn, my faithful reader of my short stories.

I tucked a Harney and Sons Pumpkin Spice tea bag in there.

Pumpkin Spice | Rooibos Herbal Blend - Harney & Sons Fine Teas

...

As you may know when Mom was alive we would meet every Sunday at her house.

I would frequently have tea or coffee, so I bought them a whistling tea pot, the same I use here at home.

Bradford is the maker.

10 Best Tea Kettles – Best Reviews Tips 🏡 (Updated Aug 2020 ...

How we'd argue about that tea kettle.

Mom had an electric tea kettle you'd plug in. Took a long time till it boiled.

...

Just now was watching a dreadful film noir and napping to it.

Oh no! Had the mail come? Yes. Inside I had a check for $10 for Cynthia Marcolina's newest poetry book, the only thing of importance in the box.

...

In the middle of the night, I wrote my short story THE VICTOR. One of the worst stories I've ever wrin, but was determined to write about it.

We'll see what my writing group has to say about it.

...

RUNNING HOT

In my scuffed Clarke shoes

carrying my blue mask and a letter for Lynn

watch me run along the hilly sidewalks

chasing the mail man.

Ah, it was Lisa, on her smart phone,

texting her three kids perhaps or her

husband who works at Costco.

I made it, I made it,

and now to read in my comfy bedroom

fan turned on, rice brewing in the

crockpot downstairs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment