Monday, August 17, 2020

Kidney Transplant Team at Einstein Medical Center - Spoke to Dr Russell E on the phone today = Poem: Praise for the Common People

Russell was probly my first boyfriend after Curtis Branch broke up with me in San Francisco. 

Russell and I spoke for an hour and a half. That man is never at a loss for words. 

Curtis was not for me, it was simply a matter of time. He was a great cook, though. Spaghetti with shrimp. And a judicious use of spices. 

What a great experience it was leaving home and moving to SF. Lived with my Aunt Hy at first, before I got my own apartment.

My friend from Goddard, Iris, was there too, with her husband, Kim Abbot, who worked as a butcher. What fun we had together. I remember walking across the Golden Gate Bridge and looking down at the sparkling water. 

Tragedy struck and Kim developed MS and died a tragic death. 

Life holds terrible tragedies we never dream of.

...

The Democratic National Convention is on PBS now. They're singing the National Anthem now. 

...

The National Anthem took all of two minutes and was extremely creative and inspiring. 

Watch here

Me flummoxed. Can't figure out how to show the chorus in these dazzling times of WE THE PEOPLE, which was a theme tonight.

Good job, Judy Woodruff. She was born in 1946 and is married to Al Hunt. View Wiki.

Judy Woodruff Receives PBS's Beacon Award for Outstanding ...

Lemme see if my pea soup has cooked down.

Nope, so I'm eating a hand full of pretzels.

I'd written to Stalin Campos the other day to thank him again for transplanting Sarah's kidney into my lower right abdomen. 

PRAISE FOR THE COMMON PEOPLE

You will do the right thing in the days of the election

We need leadership in these troubled times

We need truth, not fake truths, nor adoration of tyrants

The people, once bewitched, will right themselves

And make us proud to be Americans again.

....

Kidney Transplant Team at Einstein Medical Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment