Sunday, August 16, 2020

Catered lunch by Lynn Greene - Poem: Sudden Flash Flood Without Warning

 Am sipping on fabulous Ginger Tea by Yogi, brought over by sister Lynn.

As soon as I saw her car, I ran into the kitchen to inject my usual 12 units.

What a feast I had.

Lynn was drinking wawa from a water bottle from son Miles, who will take his bar exam at her place in New Hope in October, or Ocotber, a common mistake I make.

The water bottle looked like the kind of tall bottles we would buy with Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider. 


Before she left, I asked, "Lynn, do you have any Nancy Drew books?"

Honestly, they were some of the best books I've ever read.

Instead, she brought me - and which I of course will return - GIRLS Who Rocked the World - Heroines from Sacagawea to Sheryl Swoopes, by Amelie Welden.

This might be good for Grace Catherine, who just turned 10. Was gonna buy her The Saturdays by Elizabeth Enright, but we'll see.

Easy Salmon Patty Recipe - How to Make Salmon Patties

Lynn made salmon patties.

I was sitting on my carpet by the open screen door so we could chat.

Anudder sip of Ginger Tea.

...

Earlier today I spoke to Bernie Samuels.

Freda is doing much better, thank God.

She was feeling very weak and they drove to the hospital and then 6 weeks in rehab.

She was up and walking around!

Go Freda Go!

How things pale in comparison when a Loved One is Ill.

...

For dessert, Jiffy Mix Blueberry Muffins.

And, yes, I dunked em in my Tea... and lost one chunk.

...

Vat else?

...

A light rain was falling when Lynn arrived and left.

I stood as she drove home and she called, "Bye, Ruthie!"

...

FREE WILL.

I can do anything I want now.

WXPN FM is playing TEE-RIFIC songs.

Now I smell the rain and with it pain and it's headed my way.

Ah, sometimes I feel so tired.

Ramble on, sing my song.

Oh, it's Led Zeppelin! 1969. Sez David Dye.

Ramble On - Led Zeppelin - YouTube

Shh! I'm violating every code infringement there is.

AND I'm gonna set myself down and read GIRLS WHO ROCKED THE WORLD.

See if I don't!

Oops, that's Rita Hayworth. 


SUDDEN FLASH FLOOD WITHOUT WARNING


She was downstairs doing exericses

on the soft mattress

when a crash loud as a jetliner

falling to earth

caterpulted the mattress upside down


treasures from years past fell upon her:

Goya's Don Osario des Zunigez

crowned her head

the new standard version of the Bible

they read in English lit at Temple

Paterson by William Carlos Williams

Fear of Vision by Pal Murphy

A full load of laundry dumped

by Lady Kenmore

washing her silver grey hair

with some dead ants floating inside


Will her remains be extracted

Or is the woman still alive


Black lives matter as the sirens

tred slowly through the buckets

of water compelled to plummet

into the now sog-filled land. 

No comments:

Post a Comment