Tuesday, August 18, 2020

When you get a new credit card, there's work to be done! Film may be Tarantino's best - me no care - Poem: Sitting on Scott's Bench

Greetings!

As President Trump continued to try to sow doubts about the election with his latest assault on mail-in balloting, the postmaster general announced on Tuesday that he would suspend cost-cutting initiatives at the Postal Service until after November.

Good move, Capitano!

Me benched!

Sat on Scott's bench with 2 new books. Dyou know how excited I was?

First I tried out ACTRESS by Anne Enright.

Yes, I said, Yes. The book is excellent.

My shiny new credit card resides in its new home. Is it happy? 

"Oh, I feel nice and safe in my new pouch. Good for quick naps and dreams about things to buy. CDs like Cream, Led Zeppelin, and Ten Years After, which I just remembered.

Take a look here

New sandals would be nice. 

I had ordered Winesburg Ohio by Sherwood Anderson but it's stuck on some dock. 

Winesburg, Ohio eBook by Sherwood Anderson - 9781622090242 ...

Watched what Rolling Stone considers one of Quentin Tarantino's best films.

Steady, now, Ruthie, steady now, says I while the movie is rolling in my home projector inside my laptop.

It was simply awful.

Then I couldn't get the damn thing out. Finally, it zoomed out and I quickly put it away.

There was a Hollywood party and Sharon Tate was there, played by an attractive blonde woman, Margot Robbie. 

SITTING ON SCOTT'S BENCH IN THE AFTERNOON

Reading glasses allowed me to soar across the pages of "Actress" by Anne Enright

So different than anything I've read before

but I like it, I like it

Of course you must make time for what's happening in the neighborhood

The ants trotting up one of Scott's columns

A police car with a new subtle color, black bleeding onto brown,

Not frightening at all, unless, of course, you're Black,

And the chorus of birds, who had much to discuss today.

The heat was getting to me, still I read on, and before I knew what was

Happening, I fell forward, fast asleep.

One bird, in particular, and these were tiny ones, gave a long loud call, like one of 

those bird whistles.

What was his beef?

Standing up, I smoothed my new dress down, grey and white stripes, and

stepped lively on the sidewalk, going home.

Ach, I hate to go inside.

Like the birds, outside is where I belong. 

Stop Bully Birds at Your Feeders



No comments:

Post a Comment