Thursday, August 13, 2020

FREDA, BE WELL

 PRAYER FOR MY BELOVED FREDA SAMUELS

Although I'd sent Freda and Bernie a postcard at Paul's Run, I hadn't talked to her in a couple of weeks.

When I phoned, Bernie said she was in rehab.

She had aphasia, he said. Loss of ability to understand or to speak.

Believe you me, she knows what's going on.

Bernie said he'd give her my regards.

She discovered people she read about in the newspaper and invited them over to their lovely condo in Warrington, PA.

I couldn't believe what a great person she was.

She wrote a book “My Name is Fredarose: A Memoir.” 

They were so generous. After I'd eaten there, the would send me home with fooood! Healthy food.

From Costco.

MERCY

Comes a time in everyone's life

when the end is near.

What is it we want?

Remembrances of all that were dear,

Your beloved Bernie, your daughter Sharon,

Lucy with her pink bow

And Oliver standing straight up like a man,

Your beloved standard poodles.

Freda, the wisest woman I know,

Even Merlin can't hold a candle to you.

Enjoy your chariot ride to the next land

What a crowd will await you there!

- Your beloved Ruthie

Chariot Charging Spear Weapon Stock Illustration - Download Image ...



No comments:

Post a Comment