Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Fallout from the Isais Storm

What did I do last night?

Promising myself to read, I simply listened to WXPN-FM all night long, apparently falling asleep, as here I am this morning.

Just ate the Milano cookie my sister Lynn had brought me.

Every bite was scrumptious.


Paid my real estate tax bill and put it in the mailbox, along with a card to Barbara Custer from our writing group. I enclosed Earl Grey Tea. Caffeinated.

A JUDY DIAZ had won an important award. She lives in New York, according to Kristin Curtis, and there were 6,000 entries.


Gloomy looking day.

Glumsville.

I raced from red couch to phone as I thought Randy may be calling. We're gonna Zoom tonight at 7 pm.

Right now I'm wearing a stunning dress sister Lynn gave me.

She is my provider.

NOW I've gotta do something very UNPLEASANT. Gotta call up credit card company and dispute a charge for $69. I never approved it and had to get a new credit card b/c of it.

RAIN

Pshh, pshh, down from the sky
it plunges, plummets, bouncing
balloon-like from the street

Wetting the newly sprung 
yellow daisies with their
sweet faces

Grateful for the rain
I sip my Wild Berry Tea

and then explore the damage
done in this violent
storm. 


My crepe myrtle is being tossed around like a basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment