Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Work is nearly finished on my Yellow House and Back Porch - Poem: The Breadmaker - Rem's quip about the Republican National Convention



Thank you, Bob. 

Above and below is a green katydid. 
Brickwork in front of the house.
Back porch. I CAN'T WAIT till the porch is finished. I'll sit out there and let the cares of the world pass me by. 
New sloped ceiling on back porch.

There is something so moving about all these guys working on my behalf!
We have the son of Bob Walmsley here. 
Still life in blue.
Many houses on Cowbell are getting work done during this quarantine period. 
If you know the name of this black measuring tool, please send me an email at Euclid@gmail.com. 
I wake up in the middle of the night and look out my bedroom window.

Yes, I am still here and still alive. 
Right now, I am baking a challah. I need certain tools for the bread, just like these guys need tools. I was actually gonna invite Walmsley in the house - mask on, please! - and show him how I knead bread. 

Challah in oven, for the first rising, Bruce Springsteen. 

Just ate a delicious snack - slice of apple spread with peanut butter.

Gonna check on the bread now.

THE BREADMAKER

With my green Starbucks apron on
I stood at table, a conductor
ready to begin her sonata
after a long hiatus.

These fingers of mine
remembered,
rocking
back and forth on the
linoleum.

Challahs I have made
down through the ages
when the Pharaoh commanded
we leave the land or else.

Is that Yul Brynner coming
through the back door
how we missed him in 
Anna and the King of Siam.

have a seat on the red couch
i tell him, relax, take a load
off your dead feet

and here COMES THE BREAD.



Remington's quip about watching the Republican Convention, esp Melania Trump

The best thing for watching the Trump family would be a tab of LSD, a full frontal lobotomy, or preferably both. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment