Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Learning how to use URLs on me blog - thank you SLD


One of my favorite places, just a stone's throw away from home is Pennypack Trust

...

Scott and I love to watch Turner Classic Movies. He has a subscription to it, so we spend time together watching film noirs.

...
I see him every day, of course, since he lives right next door. When he came over yesterday, he asked me if I was happy.

Shrugging my shoulders, I said, Sure!
...

I remember explaining to my late mother what "film noir" meant.

The dark side of life, I said.

I still awake with an empty feeling from missing my mom. And dad. I was telling a new neighbor I just met that when my dad died at age 59, I thought I might also die that year.

One of my sisters said, Well, you're almost 60.

My sister Lynn is very nice to me. She brought over dozens of clothes she knew she would never wear again.

I kept them in a heap in the bottom drawer of Aunt Ethel's fancy dresser. 

Earlier today I washed all of them, rathan ironing them.

They're hanging up in the lower level of the house on hangers.


Your pal, Ruth Z Deming

No comments:

Post a Comment