Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Watched highlights from the Republican National Convention - liar liar pants on fire - Poem: Whirlpool Dryer

Was watching a wrap-up of last night's Republican convention on CNN, when I heard a familiar sound outside.

Yep! Dustin was here. He and the other Wampole - sic - guys will work on yellow siding and back porch.


This was the only photo I could find of myself. Was at the Hatboro McDonald's with Rob Lokoff.

Went into the kitchen and made a salad for breakfast.

Perishables which must be eaten.

A delightful cr-un-ch  from pecans, cucumbers and some of the salad greens.

Noam Chomsky was on my laptop.

This man was so smart I thought, Who else could this be but Chomsky?

Watch here.

Conversations with Noam Chomsky — On the Distortion of U.S ...

He's 91.


Born to Ashkenazi Jewish immigrants in Philadelphia, Chomsky developed an early interest in anarchism from alternative bookstores in New York City. He studied at the University of Pennsylvania....

SLEPT downstairs on Red Couch due to infestation of winged ants. Bob had sprayed but no way would I sleep in there.

Washed my sheets and pillowcases in my Lady Kenmore and then dried em in my old Whirlpool which was here when I moved in.


WHIRLPOOL DRYER

You have more buttons to push
than a NASA space station

When I stick my head inside
I feel like the wicked witch
in Hansel and Gretel will
gobble me up

Or

Sylvia Plath will expire.

Ma, if you were still alive
I would call you and say
This Whirlpool's a miracle
of old machinery.

No wringer needed
and I pull out the
lint catcher
and catch me some lint
in my catcher's mitt.  


No comments:

Post a Comment