Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Wilkie Collins Woman in White - Poem: Reading in Bed

Just finished watching Wilkie Collins' THE WOMAN IN WHITE, thoughtfully presented on YouTube when I clicked thrillers.

Russell Baker did the droll introduction.

Today's walk was done in my worst shoes and socks as I ran out the door and said Yes, I can do this. Then I came home and ate a scrambled egg with garlic and mint I brought in from my garden.

I wanted to have a photo on here of a huge branch that fell from the tree in my front yard, a hybrid tree of sycamore and maple, I believe.

Scott chopped it up with his chain saw.



Woke up and began reading a book of John O'Hara Short Stories. In every one of them, an Irishman is made fun of. "Bill Collins" is what I'm reading now.

The book has one of those long silky ribbons to use as a book mark.

John O'Hara (1905 – 1970) John Henry O'Hara (31 January 1905 - 11 April 1970) was an American writer who was born in PottsvillePennsylvania, United States. He initially made a name for himself with his short stories and later became a best-selling novelist. He was particularly known for an uncannily accurate ear for dialogue.

YES YES but show us a picture of the man.



And now, you guessed correctly, dear reader.

I am going back upstairs to bed to read and fall asleep.

I won't of course deprive you of a poem.

READING IN BED

Literature is spread out before me
What shall I choose?
The shiny-covered Atlantic
for thinkers and ponderers
An ad for Pennypack Trust
asking us to join, we are
members and the ad is prolix
O'Hara's stories win hands down
Writers like me always hope to
learn from the best.



PS - I did submit Krakatoa to Literary Yard yesterday, July 7, 2020. Thanks, Rem, for your generous help. 






No comments:

Post a Comment