Friday, July 17, 2020

Go back to sleep! But Mommy I have to Go to the Baffroom - Flushy the Magic Toilet



Thank you Lynn for the various tea bags you gave me.

I've chosen Vanilla Chamomile Tea.

SCRUMPTIOUS plus it will make me fall asleep!

Awoke at 5 45 am and said This is ridiculous!

Nonetheless - is this a word, Dr Schwartz? - off I went, taking the very long way.

Now I'm eating my oatmeal mush with peanut butter, blueberries, whole pecans and those sunflower seeds that stick in your teeth.

Spoke to Sister Lynn this morning who was just starting her walk and told her I still miss Mommy and Daddy.

Should I write them a letter?

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

I love Camp Cardinal in Rome, Ohio. Would you buy me a horse when I come home?

One of the funnest things we've done - scratch that and make it - one of the most fun things we did was go skinny dipping.'
Say hello to everyone for me.

Love, Ruthie

We learned to write in script with the Zaner Blowser method.

I made a concerted effort - Concerto in C by Bartok - to remember Lynn's number. The key remembrance was the age that Daddy got sick with cancer, 58.

Shari just walked by with her dogs Moishe and Sasha.

Surprised Lynn when I said I still keep a diary. It's pink and I write as fast as I can. Also have a black one in which I write down ideas for short stories.

Am I enjoying my oatmeal?

Eh...
.

Weather, high 88 today. Thunderstorms on Sunday.

Ah, Bob Dylan's new record.

Goodbye Jimmy Reed, he sings.

I break out the grapes and suck out the juice.

OATMEAL POEM NUMBER TWO

A microcosm of health in every spoonful
Alight from red couch
and bring to Myers' front porch
sit on swan chair and muzzle the
damn dog inside. A sweet face
I'll tell you but when she jumps on ya
she bruises my lily white legs.

...

THE COLOR OUTSIDE is very strange.

Dark as if it's twilight.

Time is 7:26 am.

Catch up with ya later.

All my best,

July 17, 2020

FLUSHY THE MAGIC TOILET

Make yourself comfortable
Read a book if you've
got a long stay, meditate
for a quick visit

How far we've come
in the time we've been here
on the planet earth
outhouses, forget 'em
with the crescent moon
above the door
and the unforgettable smell

Porcelain the choice of
of emperors in China
to hold their hot tea with
their long mandarin nails

I'm made of the finest
porcelain, kiln-melted
in burning hot temperatures.
that rendered me
strong, white as the
falling snow, and durable
as a young girl's heart

We like visitors. Come prepared
with what you've got to offer me.
Take your time. We've got books
on the lid and a shower curtain
with trips you can take all over
the whole country.

And when you flush, listen
to the quick sound. The sound
of gushing rivers. Makes you want to
raft down the mighty Mississippi
withe Huck and Tom.

Do it, by God, before it's too late.




No comments:

Post a Comment