Thursday, July 16, 2020

Photos and a fine poem about boris putterman

 Backyard deck attracts insects.
 Enlarge with a double click.
 So many bowls to choose from. Ate my pretzels in the glass bowl in front which I'd forgotten all about.

Glass. View previous blog here.
Nancy Myers across the street had called Verizon dozens of times to remove these huge telephone poles...
Lo, they finally came out.
Here's the big pot I got when I worked at Symphony Manor. I miss the place terribly. Glowing reviews for the place online. Should we believe them?


My pal, Bob Walmsley, with his dog, Champ in his son's car.

From  2016, methinks

Okay, just put the finishing touches on some 'haiku' for my Monday nite poetry class,assigned by teacher Bill Kulik.

MEDITATIONS ON MORNING
1

good morning train whistle
motoring schoolbus
and hidden sun.

2

open window brings
blue sky into my bedroom
the sun warms me as
we curl up together
in a hot embrace

3

eyes closed
the world wakes up
without me
continues though i’m not there.

4

a book lies closed
on my bed
ten thousand words asleep
until my eyes wake them up
caution: don’t all talk at once.

5

remote controls lie on the dresser
hardly things of beauty
they gather dust
the silent power-brokers.

6

small painting of a covered bridge
reminds me of its painter
a man whose wife visited catholic shrines
when i said bernadette of lourdes
he handed over the painting
no charge.

7

hot breakfast of
eggs and toast
at daddypops
warm smell of coffee
i eat alone on my
living room couch.

8

each day i will suck the juice
of the ruby red
leaving sweet marks at my corners
after april i can never eat a grapefruit again:
life-saving surgery and potent medication
until the day i die.
fuck grapefruit.

9

boris putterman can’t write
unless whipped
billy whips us with words
who besides me is working on
the assignment wanting to
finish first?

10

a huge puddle in the street
makes cars go slow
i listen to the splash as
my feet get wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment