Thursday, July 2, 2020

Very strange vision problem that resolved itself - Poem: Strange Vision



Just got finished watching UNSOLVED MYSTERIES on Netflix. The head of a French noble family is wanted for killing his entire family and is now on the lam.

He fooled them all. About six years have passed.

Earlier today I was at Scott's. When I walked home, my vision was aberrant, very very strange. What was going on?

I explained all this to my sister Ellen who said I should call the doctor.

Why? Might they know? She said when Mom had strange vision and went to the doctor, the doc said your vision is fine but you're dehydrated.

I gulped down a glass of water after she told me. Then I finished watching Unsolved Mysteries.

It was as if my vision had other waves of vision, other scenes, like ocean waves, but not waves, lapping on the shore.

I am fine now, thank God.

The Times Chronicle had arrived and I picked it up when I came home from Scott's. It was still light outside, when all this happened.

Did I tell you I ate cucumbers with my new vegetable peeler? It really did the job. Then I took it to our compost heap, where I was having visions.

Maybe I'm the reincarnated Bernadette of Lourdes. Scott and I saw her shrine in Maryland. We could barely see as gnats or other insects flung themselves in our eyes.

When former boyfriend Simon was dying of a brain tumor, people brought him supposed water from Lourdes.

Okay let's find some photos.



Simon died in 2008.

The guy really enjoyed being alive. Flea markets were his thing. He may even have found someone to date! I'd be happy for him but certainly a bit jealous. From Simon I learned that Eggs have a very long life.

He and my mom were crazy about each other. She would make food he liked.

WALKING HOME FROM SCOTT'S MY VISION IS STRANGE

It's like I'm in a dream
the same words Dad said
when his brain tumor
grew unnoticed inside his head
a mushroom expanding

For me, waves surfaced
like on the beach, more and more
of these damn waves that
made no sense.

It was only after I got home
I thought What if I go blind?
What does it matter that I have
a beautiful house or a beautiful
boyfriend or toes that wiggle
at my command?

Grab a pretzel and run for your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment