Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Bob Walmsey rides into town with his son - Poem: One Life, One Yard

 Bob Walmsley, is that you? He'll do some work for me, like remove branches from the roof and clean the gutters . He noticed, as did Scott, that the rafters in my living room are loosening, so that's anudder thing he'll do.

In my bedroom I don't like the dark mirrored paneling, so he'll get rid of dat.

The Masked Man and I met inside.
 Spent great amounts of time outside, sitting on Scott's park bench on his porch.

BTW, heat lightning now. I expect a great downpour soon.
 My front yard replete with green frog on log and squirrel and wabbit on tother log.
 What a great book. Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier in baseball and became a Brooklyn Dodger at age 26. Other black players could now join the Major Leagues BUT they were older, so their careers didn't last as long.

Baseball is a grueling sport. Every part of your body - inside and out - gets a workout, esp the pitchers. They're sposed to have 3 days rest after they pitch.
This is my crossed leg, which is how I read. Tried to snap the foto of this pretty little bug. What is its goal in life? Don't think it's a lantern fly.
Scott has three bird feeders. All day long they chirp and eat. We have our own little family and I suppose down the street other feeders have other bird families.

Cliques. One clique may not join another clique... territorial.
Bob has a lovely front garden, below, which didn't photograf too well.
Here is the Garcias garden, fantastic!

And that is all I have to say for now.

One more thing. I knew I was LO b/c I was hongry. Sugar was 67, not terrible. Took a TABLESPOON of Kiernan's COWBELL HONEY and then made my dinner.

I never can remember the name of the corkscrew shaped noodles I ate - oh, chick peas - and then I opened a can of maranara sauce.

Super delicious.

ONE LIFE, ONE YARD

Sitting on the park bench
I heard dialog from lives
of neighbors. I do not know
these people. Like a party line
from days of yore, where you
wonder, What's the back story
on that?

One young boy was very intelligent
should I be surprised?
I wanted to walk down to meet him
and sit on the porch with the family
drink lemonade with them and eat
chocolate chip cookies.

Best to put it in my novel.




No comments:

Post a Comment