Thursday, July 9, 2020

The New Me in my Christopher Kloos sunglasses Poem: The Walk - My Heroin Poem






Luckily my new certificate of deposit - CD - will mature in the Caymann Islands, so I'll be able to afford these funky sunglasses.

And yes I sprang out of bed at 5 30 am - great music on - and walked around block in the mist.

Late at night the beautiful moon appeared. I stood and paid abeyance.

Christopher Kloos, Danish eye wear.

Lemme see if my pea soup is ready to eat. I thickened it with Almond Milk.

It was very good but I ended up drinking it.

WALKING

A thick mist surrounded me
as I made my way down
the long hill, fine droplets
rain come down to earth
I felt blessed to be alive
missing Mom and wishing
I could tell her of the mist
and then the crows were at it
up on a high wire like
misshapen ballerinas
scolding scolding
reminding us of our flaws.

HEROIN POEM: SHOOT ME UP, DENNIS

I sat in her lawn chair waiting for the ducks to come by
the creek wound through her backyard
I thought I could live in a place like this.

Upstairs in the bathroom she and Dennis were
shooting heroin. He'd put in the kitchen sink for her,
a shock of porcelain white that was easy to clean and
a faucet that for once didn't drip.

Since I was twelve, I wanted to shoot heroin.
There was a movie with Frank Sinatra called
The Man with the Golden Arm and I wanted
to feel golden just once here on earth
before I left.

Sandy said whatever you do, stay out of the bathroom,
Don't even come near. I wondered what noises people
made when they shot heroin, if they used rubber tubing
as nurses do and if they looked at each other
when the snarl came?

Sandy, I said, before they went up. I'd like to have just a drop,
a little taste. (It was what I waited for all my life.)

Don't be silly, she said. Junkies don't share. It's all we got
for the whole damn week.

Dennis stood by the sliding glass door. He had
long tanned arms coming through his undershirt and blue eyes
like a kindergartner's on the first day of school.
Sure, he said, c'mon up.

I looked out at the creek while Sandy told him to hurry up.
And they went up the stairs. I sat in the chair and kicked my leg.
Maybe the ducks would be along sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment