Thursday, July 9, 2020

Happiness Is - Poem: I Love Coffee

Sitting on Red Couch eating my Ralston Cereal with peanut butter and frozen blueberries and sipping on a hot cup of Maxwell House Coffee.

Bob Walmsey was here this morning.

My house needs a helluva lot of work.

I intend to live here until I croak, so it must be done.

My late friend Tony Garofola was an actuarial so he might predict when that might happen.

We'll fool them all, won't we, Mom and Dad?

A piece by Clara Schumann was just on WRTI FM.

A prodigal, she outlived her husband Robert, who I believe died of venereal diseases.

Debra Lew Harder is our announcer.

Know what? Gonna change coffee cups.

The coffee tastes much better in a Starbucks cup I got around the corner at Mom's house, along with a few other wonderful items.

Image result for coffee cup


Stock photo of coffee cup.

But to me it's beautiful !

POEM

I LOVE COFFEE

Just the thought of it
makes me happy
when I see it in movies
my eyes glaze over with love
it may keep me up for hours
but who cares?
It makes everything
dazzle and shine
like a valentine.


WHAT A FUN MOVIE I JUST WATCHED

MURDER 101

It starred Dick Van Dyke, who celebrated his 94th birthday.

Click here.


Dick Van Dyke arrives to the 76th Annual Golden Globe Awards held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 6, 2019. -- (Photo by Christopher Polk/NBCU Photo Bank/NBCUniversal via Getty Images)

He tap danced with Arthur Duncan, orig from the Lawrence Welk Show.

He is also very active at the age of 94.



Read about him here.

As a black man, he broke the color barrier when on tour with Bob Hope.

Read more here.

AND DANCE YOURSELF ACROSS THE ROOM to get some dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment