Monday, July 20, 2020

Went out like a normal person to pick up meds at CVS - Poem: Fresh Eggs

My pal, Bob Walmsley, was here this morning figuring out the specs so I can live here the rest of my life, as long as I don't croak.



I needed tacrolimus,but CVS refused to mail it out. Some shit about Medicare not agreeing to send it out.

So Bob and I drove there together. And I picked it up.



He asked what the address was of CVS on the corner of York Road and Fitzwatertown.

Just drive, I told him, and I'll get you there.

Done!

He has one of those trucks that a short person like me has to climb up on. He told me where to hold on to get up up up.

On the way home we passed THE UPPER MORELAND LIBRARY.

Wearing a mask, I went in and found books I'd requested for months. Dorothy and Katie helped me.

Everything was behind a Plexiglas shield.

Shades of 1984.

Checked out six books.

The first I'll start is called THE DAY THE WORLD CAME TO TOWN, 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland, by Jim Defede.

Ah, the fan is cooling me off now.

LONG BRIGHT RIVER by Liz Moore.

MISTER NOBODY by Catherine Steadman.




YOUNG HEROES OF THE SOVIET UNION, a memoir and a reckoning by Alex Halbertstadt.

APEIROGON, a novel, by Colum McCann.

GOLDEN IN DEATH by J D Robb, with a poster behind the book jacket.

I AM really excited to start reading.

First, though, gotta grab something to eat.

How about some nice fresh eggs!

Sounds good to me.

FRESH EGGS

The Egg and I is a book by
Betty MacDonald, raised on a
farm near the Puget Sound
Me, I'm a suburban gal
in suburban garb who
loves her eggs, the way
some people love fancy cars.

My eggs come from Happy Hens
Yolks huge and beckoning
Listen for the sizzle in my
saute pan, then watch me
smacking my lips
as I listen to WXPN
where the announcer said
Stay inside! High of 98 today.

As my dad used to say, I'll time you.
Dad ain't here no more
So I'll take my time and
Do as I please.







No comments:

Post a Comment