Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sitting on Scott's Bench, eating pretzels and reading Atlas Obscura, Second Edition - Poem: Wonder of Wonders

As an idealist I sent the following email to members of New Directions:

Hi everyone,

We have loads of talented people in New Directions.

Let's come up with ideas on how we can help other people.

Even though we have our own problems, HOW CAN WE HELP OTHERS?

Ideas include:

Introduce them to

Theater
Opera
Rock n Roll
Dance
Photography
Playing a musical instrument

No matter what your age, you might have 6 people who could be on your team.

Please lemme hear your thoughts.

 
Ruth Z Deming, MGPGP, founder/director

SOMEHOW I LOST EVERYTHING I HAD PREVIOUSLY POSTED.

Our Margie Lawlor said she would sponsor our viewing of Hamilton.

Thank you, Margie, with all my heart.

Looks to me like a musical instrument. Or a map, with the Red Sea. And to you?

Am drinking the last of my Peppermint Tea by Bigalow. Caffeine free. Good god, how hard is it to spell Bigalow correctly? This is not correct, says the former spelling champ of Mercer Elementary School in Shaker Heights, OH.

Dwight Johnson I still miss you.

The cup I've chosen - and we all make thousands, if not millions of choices every single day - is from my former Chinese exchange student, Bruce Li, tho I've forgotten his real name.

Bruce was about 19 and was very ambitious. He was always late. Wore his pajamas as if it were a real shirt.

Bruce! I would say, but he never 'got it.' Look, he's probly a nuclear physicist by now and is planning a trip to the moons of Jupiter.

We'd do tai chi in my back yard.

...



Blue hydrangeas.

When I moved into my house, practically everyone on our street had these hydrangeas.

WONDER OF WONDERS

Sipping on peppermint tea
Napping through The Bodyguard
with Scott this morning
Remembering George and Elinor Schuler
thru a short story I wrote yesterday
Mother, who haunts me even in death
Sarah and Dan, like baby robins
they've flown the coop
and myself, still here, still weird
still wired, till death or dearth do us part.

No comments:

Post a Comment