Sunday, July 26, 2020

Poem: Lady Kenmore

Eddie Muller

Eddie Mueller, be with you in a moment.

Before I forget, here is Verdi's Requiem.

Click here.

Once at Tower Records I refused to buy it, fearing it was awful.

Didn't feel like walking this morning so I road stationery bike while watching a program about Asians.

It was awesome!

Gotta be at Scott's for film noir at 10 am.

He came over to remind me.

I had just finished my back and leg exercises downstairs.

Finished a huge load of laundry including a bedspread I use here on the red couch.

My very old Kenmore has rust spots on it.

LADY KENMORE

She may be aging
but she is fit as the queen she is
her hair is up in a silver pompadour
she holds a monocle in one dainty hand
and when she smiles - with one missing
tooth in the back - the world smiles
with her.
Lady Kenmore.
Who can do more than most folks can
in an entire year.



After the most excellent film noir, I stayed at Scott's to watch some of A STAR IS BORN with Janet Gaynor, then came home.

Ate a dozen raspberries from our garden, bathed in almond milk.

Delicious.

Now my timer is set for 14 minutes.

The usual Jiffy corn muffins were not there, so Scott bought me a can.

It's baking now in the oven.

Hoping it will look like this.



Beethoven's Symphony No. Five - the Eroica - is on WRTI FM.

Very loudly.

Conducted by Yannick. Now No. Six is on.

THE CORN MEAL MUFFINS are perfecto!!!

A little too sweet.

Oh, if only I could tell Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. BLOGGER will not let me publish! So lemme tell you what I saw while walking round the block. A woman on a tiny bike, very cool, and a spotted lantern fly sauntering across the street.

    Silent crows flew by. Dogs barked when I passed a house along Cowbell.

    Stayed at Scott's last night which is why I got up late. Wanted to watch ENDEAVOR which I snored thru.

    I did watch the British Baking Show, which was wunnderful. Nadya, a Muslim, won the big prize.

    POEM TO YOU

    Thank you for being with me all the way
    I care not for your race, religion or color of skin, as long as you remain a beacon of justice.

    ReplyDelete