Saturday, July 18, 2020

Portland Oregon invaded by US Militia - Poem: The Many Iterations of Oatmeal


Heard an amazing chorus on WRTI FM by one Eric Whitacre. Listen here.

It's called SLEEP.

It was a little chilly when I walked around block in my sexy orange dress from sister Lynn.

When I woke up I felt unbearably lonely, as I do every single morning, since Mom died on April 21, 2020, at age 97.

Ate the worst oatmeal yesterday so dressed it up today with real maple syrup as well

Refuse to eat a single bite until I'm sure I won't burn my tongue.

Many of my blue hydrangea are terribly wilted but I think they can be dried.

Que pense-tu?

President A=hole has sent in Federal marshals to Portland Oregon to clear the streets. Imagine if your town were filled with militia.

This is America. Or what used to be America.

The crows are protesting outside.



THE MANY ITERATIONS OF OATMEAL

Maypo as a kid
Oatmeal at the seashore
in a restaurant we loved
that was gone the next year

And now, dabbling here and there
to make oatmeal not only acceptable
but downright delicious.

Right, tum tum tummy?

No comments:

Post a Comment