Thursday, March 11, 2021

President Biden gives hopeful talk about vaccinating all Americans by May 1

 

President Joseph R Biden, Jr. gave a convincing talk tonight that our great nation can get everyone vaccinated by May 1, 2021.

We must continue to wear our masks, he insisted. We're so close, let's not blow it. 

Then we can have small cookouts for the Fourth of July. 

He spoke in language we could easily understand, altho he said he's not speaking in hyperboles. I'll have to look that up in Mom's dictionary, copyright 1976.

He also said how horrible it was that Asian-Americans were being injured or killed by American people and he urged us to stop this horrible behavior.

Excellent speech, I thought.

Was unable to watch on downstairs laptop, where I'm typing now, but my upstairs TV got good reception so I watched upstairs while noshing on peanuts.

...

Scott and I ordered over $100 worth of groceries from Instacart.

A young woman named Carolyn delivered them. She had what looked like a silver SUV - she came in the darkness - I had changed into my PJs and came downstairs to turn on the outside light for her.

I asked if she made enough money to live on. Carolyn said she has a second job with Amazon sorting boxes.



I ordered a can of Cling Peaches, something different, from Instacart. Will put em in my Daisy cottage cheese.

In Scott's family they only ate veggies in cottage cheese.

So many different traditions in the US.

Sat on Scott's bench for about an hour reading A PROMISED LAND by Obama. The book costs $39, I think. It weighs a ton and has many wonderful photos, both color and black and white.

I also ordered Happy Hen Eggs. One egg was cracked open so I made a snack of eggs with mushrooms and onions.


Well, it's reading time for me.

HAPPY HOUR.

See you soon.


I must remember how to spell INSTACART  INSTACART  INSTACART


Harlan Coban often writes from his GLASS ROOM.

On this glorious day I read on Scott's bench, but then when it became too chilly, went up in my reading room.

For a stimulant to stay awake, I drank

Making good progress in SHOCK WAVE. 




No comments:

Post a Comment