Monday, March 15, 2021

Nice to meetcha, Carl Hiassen, courtesy of my subscription to the NY Times

 



This is Carl Hiaasen, who just wrote his last column for the Miami Herald. He met his Thursday deadline for the last time. A great writer, he always told the truth, even when it got him in trouble. Bribes from politicians, under the table deals, and pay offs to become the next governor.

He is also a gonzo journalist, he says.

Let's see what he has written.


Here's one of them. I chose it for my 12 readers bc of the colorful cover.

When I was a kid and attended Camp Cardinal in Rome, Ohio, I was always thinking about COLORS for my lanyards.\\

When I opened the door just now, in case Scott stopped by, there was Lee walking her two Grand Pyrenees dogs.

I waved and quickly shut the door as they like me and I didn't wanna interfere with her walk. 

It might be fun to lie down with the dogs and get warm all over on this FREEZING COLD DAY.

My late Aunt Ruthie worked the the Herald. What she did I have no idea. Will write her daughter and see if Susan knows.

My sister Ellen said she was a PROOF READER.  Just like my son was at Forbes, 

Back upstairs I go to continue reading ENDURANCE by astronaut Scott Kelly. He had no idea what to do with his life until he read THE RIGHT STUFF by Tom Woolf.

His parents were both alcoholics. 

When I went on a cruise ship awhile ago, they offer ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS.



No comments:

Post a Comment