Sunday, March 14, 2021

HOW SHALL I SPEND THE REST OF THE DAY? FIRST DAY OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME - THE DECIMATION OF HELENE

 


Thank you Eddie Muller for guiding us in today's film noir, titled THE NIGHT HOLDS TERROR followed by ARSENIC AND OLD LACE.

Escaped convicts capture Jack Kelly, who had played Maverick's gambling brother, and they are very wicked men.

Scott and I slept for three hours and I missed the ending.

All four cons, were shot dead.

That included John Cassavetes, who would go on to have his own film company.

For a while.

When I got home my sugar was a bit low - 65 - so I ate a couple of DOVE CHOCOLATES 

while my Beans and Rice Soup heated up.

Is it worth losing your toes and fingertips to eat this chocolate?

Absolutely

not.

I can't emphasize enough the marvelous THREE HOURS of deep sleep I got.

In one dream, I was on the SEPTA Commuter Train and sat next to MY MOTHER.

She did not recognize me.

Will do a little reading now.

I'll toss a pebble onto my bed and see what book comes up.

Hope it's A PROMISED LAND.

Ma, sure wish I could read it to you!!!


POEM: A NAP or THE BIG SLEEP

Deprived of sleep I drowned in an ocean
of slumber in the bottom of the sea
Down there, my tired bones rested
as did my aching feet from walking
from China to America in a movie
I watched with France Nuyan
Pregnant four times during Mao's
starving of the peasants and
humiliations, proving not a thing.

Meanwhile, it snows in Colorado
and in New England, beavers build
their dams, often with muskrats,
cooperation - as the birds return
once again.



THE DECIMATION OF HELENE

The lights go out in bits and pieces
like the toast they feed her at the
charnel house
white bread with PB and J
what? She's still jumping rope
in grade school?

Call her up and she breathes
into the phone, this spectacular
mind that's buried a husband, a daughter,
and a roly poly son like Mr Potato Head

I'm there as the drum rolls on
Her silverware, dishes, pitchers
lime-green saucers reside with me
as she fades more every day
the woman I call Queen Helene
of the magazine. 

...

Nephew Jerry will let us know when her mind and body are still. 

Visiting her at Rydal Park a couple of yrs ago.  A tremendous cook, she did not like their food.


No comments:

Post a Comment