Monday, March 1, 2021

Guess who is a grown-up? Buddha pokes up his head from the ice and snow

 

Two hawks soaring from a view from my kitchen window.

Wonder who they will lunch on today. Tell me, Darwin, if you know. 

Early this morning as I was waking up, there was a horrific cry outside my window.

So many deaths all over the world.

Called my cousin Linda Fogel this morning, then hung up as she wasn't answering.

From here on Red Couch, the phone rang.

A damn solicitor, I thought, but NO, it was Linda herself on a break from her job at the JCC.

Go, child, I said, and enjoy your break, whatever it is that you do.

I remember taking breaks when I worked at a local drugstore. I was not allowed breaks, but I took em anyway. No one complained.

I would drink these marvelous drinks - Powerades, I think they were called - in all sorts of ridiculous colors - BLUE - AQUA - and a lovely LEMONADE YELLOW.

I must tell you something. 

After I spoke to Linda, I walked confidently back to RED COUCH, as if I were a grown-up. 

I remember my friend Gunter David saying when you're 75 you are old.

I am 75 but don't feel old.

My POTATO SOUP is cooking in the slo cooker. 

The broth is fabulous!


Now, I lost the name of the poetry mag I wanted to submit to. But I found loads of other lit mags.

None to my liking, except possibly Threepenny Review, which has rejected me a couple of times.

Is today - a white-cloudy day with the snow fleetly melting - a day to get rejected?

Oh!  I nearly forgot!

I awoke from a dream where I was telling someone my Aunt Selma died or my mother or my friend Helene.

AND I was laffing hysterically instead of crying.

A UPS truck has pulled up next door.

A brown-suited man wearing a mask carries it to the BAdams house. 

As I looked w/o opening my door or I would have needed to wash my hands, I see my aqua-colored Buddha has poked up his head.

This calls for a poem, don't you think?

BUDDHA POKES UP HIS HEAD FROM THE FREEZING WINTER

It is important to show the world that sacrifice is a part of life

We must be kind to all living things

So many wars 

So many hungers

So many trees flopping down and killing the inhabitants

Will justice ever prevail?

It's up to you, and you and you. 



🙏🏻




No comments:

Post a Comment