Sunday, March 21, 2021

Daniel and son Max visited - thrilling - My great potato soup - My story "Hospice Ward" is made better by Lawlor & Murphy - I made someone happy today

 

Here is Bubby and grandson Max on the back porch. We played some word games like WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER BE OR DO and TELL ME A RIDDLE.

I wear gloves because when I go in the house I WON'T HAVE TO WASH MY HANDS FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME.

Max loves drinking from his thermos, which has a special name. You sip on it while the thermos is upright.

.....

Several years ago, my friend Yin Liu and I met at a nearby Asian restaurant. Her husband Patrick Otis Cox was somewhere else. 

In these days, there are random shootings of Asian Americans who are clustered in big cities. What is wrong with the United States. Hari Srinivasin interviewed MARGARET CHO on the News Hour tonight. 

She is a comedian and performer. View Cho's website here

Her husband, whose painting is on my living room wall, had died suddenly of a congenital heart disease.

I studied Kremp Florist offerings and decided on an arthurium for her, which arrived today.


She loved it. It's a house plant.

I have plenty of dried flowers in my living room. 


My hydrangeas are in bottles.

...

Got the idea of Hospice Ward since my friend Helene Ryesky died. And, yes, I would call her a near genius. 

Rem Murphy has mentioned that some of my works sound like Anton Chekhov, the doctor who became a playwright and fiction writer.


When we watch the PBS Evening News Hour, we always look at what is in the background. Well, here with Chekhov we see his rather expensive chair.

He definitely looks like a modern man. I've mentioned before my favorite story of his is Lady with a Lap Dog.


Hell, no, that's Kalie the little white dog from across the street. 

Kalie loves to bark.


Drank this earlier through a Flex Straw.

Must remember to put it on my shopping list.

We are very worried about my darling Freda Rose.

She lives at Paul's Run in Northeast Philadelphia. Will call her husband Bernie tomorrow to see how she is doing. 

She went to the hospital for something wrong with her lip.

PRAYER FOR FREDA ROSE

Never was there a better friend

We were like twins, 60 years apart

Take this, you'd say when I was about to leave

Your spacious home on North Settlement Court

You, once a poor farm girl, who lost your

beloved brother to ALS, your daughter to

an unspeakable death

You taught me the word Bashert

the coming together of the rhythms

of the universe

If it is your time to depart this teeming universe

Go peacefully, my darling Freda Rose,

knowing that Love will guide the way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment