Monday, March 15, 2021

FARE THEE WELL FOR GOOD, DEAREST HELENE

 

I am celebrating your imminent demise by eating a scrambled egg omelet with everything in it - mushrooms, asparagus, onions and two eggs from Happy Hens, knowing that the force that separates you from this world of wonders is playing tug of war with you.

You are so reluctant to go. Who can blame you?

Of course I served the omelet for the two of us, you and me, in that splendid Copenhagen Blue Bowl, the most beautiful I own. 

Here, I will pop another piece of Dove chocolate into my mouth.

Earlier, I was upstairs in my Reading Room, watching the world through the lace curtains my mother made me, and you're right, she never got to an assisted living facility, thank the Lord.

The violet or indigo I watched through the curtains was magnificent. Of course it wouldn't stay as all things on this earth are impermanent.

Except you! Do you know ALL the things you taught me? You marked up your walls on Bauman Drive with my Sarah and Dan's heights.

Little kids they was then. Not now.

Not now, as I remember eating the everything omelet which, like a quilt, is covering you over and never shall I see THEE again, my darling Queen Helene!




No comments:

Post a Comment