Thursday, March 11, 2021

My beauty regimen - Downton Abby Returns & I Can't Stop Watching - Poem - In the Wee Hours of the Morning on Garbage Eve

 

Harlan Coben, from NY Times article, is a suburban dad with 75 books under his belt and films coming out from Netflix and other film companies. 



From NY Times, 3-11-21


Why Essential Oils Are So Risky

To understand why essential oils can be risky for skin, it helps to understand what they are and are not. Extracted from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots and select fruits via either distillation or cold-pressing, essential oils are highly concentrated chemical components that contain a plant’s essence or smell.

Ruth - My beauty regimen is to wash my face with water. Only water.

Often I will take a wet washcloth that has just come out of the washing machine and wash every part of my face and neck(s) with it.

Feels great.

...

Here on Red Couch it is very cold, so I just slipped a sweater on. Later it will be in the 70s.

...

Must call one of my fave poets after I blog.

...

Feels as if the neighborhood has been taken over by crows. One just tried to get into a bird house in my front yard. I opened front door to chastise him and he flew away.

YELLOW PLASTIC BIN is still outside.

In the middle of the night while watching DOWNTON, I came downstairs and made eggs... with onions, mushrooms, and cheese.

Took it upstairs and ate in bed.

Spread with Ketchup.


IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING ON GARBAGE EVE

Why did I do that, I wondered, about using the F word in my lit mag submission. Each of the five prose pieces was kneaded over and over again with my eyes.

Fine, I thought.

What would it be like if I were no longer here? Thought of doing myself in, but shucked that thought when I remembered the heartbreak it would cause to one person only.

Mist filled the windows when I looked outside.

Mist - Fog - Impossibility of Seeing

Outside I went in the raindrops-come-down-to-earth

Walked to the yellow plastic bin and in I tossed an empty carton of eggs.

Life came back again, one more time.



No comments:

Post a Comment