Monday, March 29, 2021

IF POSSIBLE, GET INVOLVED IN REAL LIFE DURING THE PANDEMIC... SO WE DID ... COMMENT ON UNCLE TOMMY short story

 Scott and I got sick of watching David Janssen in DETECTIVE RICHARDSON so we hopped in his car and drove over to the new YMCA in Willow Grove/


Diamond, you should know never to point a gun at someone unless you mean to shoot. My Marine father taught me dat.

Janssen constantly had a cigarette in his mouth. Probly why he died young. FORTY EIGHT !!!

David Janssen (born David Harold Meyer) (March 27, 1931 - February 13, 1980) was an American film and television actor who is best known for his starring role as Richard Kimble in the television series The Fugitive (1963–1967). Janssen also had the title roles in three other series: Richard Diamond, Private DetectiveHarry O; and O'Hara, U.S. Treasury.

Aside: Trial is on now in Minneapolis about Derek Chauvin's killing of George Floyd. My sister Lynn is watching and I told her, GOOD FOR YOU. We've gotta make these cops accountable.

Scott and walked all around the perimeter, masks at the ready. It was an arduous walk. At first a strong gust of wind almost knocked off my blue sailor's hat, but later the wind died down.

We did not see a soul. A lovely playground had been dedicated by Gail Faulkner and some others - so colorful. 


From the Internet.

We kept out of  the wetlands, of which there were plenty.

When we got home, we walked some more. Around our hilly block. 

Anything else for my Ruthie, asked Scott.

Yes I would like a good meal.

Wait till the pandemic is over, he said.

I know. I know, says I.

Was trying to find a foto of T AND T DINER, which is out of biz, but instead I found

DINER HUNTER.. Click here

Lemme check my fridge now.

AMY'S MUSHROOM RISOTTO in oven now.

Setting timer for an hour. 

Oh, timer, where art thou?

Curious minds like mine wanted to know. Read about what vaccines DO inside your body.

Vaccines train our immune systems to create proteins that fight disease, known as ‘antibodies’, just as would happen when we are exposed to a disease but – crucially – vaccines work without making us sick.Dec 31, 2020


On the way home, we pulled next to an enormous Scepter Truck. Scott loved it and said he would have no problem driving it.

"Uncle Tommy": What a great short story!!!  I am in love with it. So much rings true & interesting.  U have a way with words, my dear.  I think many people would like it, even if they know nothing about you or me.

Keep writing!


No comments:

Post a Comment