Tuesday, March 9, 2021

DEATHS FROM LUNG CANCER - take stock before you die !!!

DEATHS FROM LUNG CANCER from the NY TIMES 

The disease is the leading cause of U.S. cancer deaths, and the goal of the expanded screening is to find it early enough to cure it in more people at high risk because of smoking. In those individuals, annual CT scans can reduce the risk of death from the cancer by 20 to 25 percent, large studies have found.

The new recommendations, by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, include people ages 50 to 80 who have smoked at least a pack a day for 20 years or more, and who still smoke or have quit within the past 15 years.

The advice, published on Tuesday in the medical journal JAMA, differs in two major ways from the task force’s previous guidelines, issued in 2013: It lowers the age when screening should start, to 50 from 55, and it reduces the smoking history to 20 years, from 30.


I JUST GOT HOME FROM WALKING AROUND THE BLOCK.


I WORE MY LAVENDER SHORTS, EARRINGS I BOUGHT IN PUERTO RICO, BEFORE THE DEBACLE OF HURRICANE KATRINA,


AND I WALKED IN MY SNEAKERS, NB RUNNING SNEAKERS AND BEIGE SOCKS.


Earlier I mentioned I wanted to watch something raunchy on YouTube. AND I FOUND IT.


How the Russians died, including Stalin, who had three identical bedrooms so an assassin wouldn't find him.


Yeltsin, I believe, died of syphilis, as did Paul Gauguin. These men were totally insane.



Mom had Gaughin prints in her upstairs bathroom.


Good for you, Mom.


I was just low, so I ate more Kidney Bean Soup and scooped up neighbor Patrick's honey.


Took off my hot sweater from Chico's and am sitting on Red Couch in lavender shorts and Lynn's starry short-sleeved shirt.


2 pm already!


As I was about to step into my house, I saw TWO PURPLE CROCUS that had come up overnight!


Very exciting in this pandemic.





My blue Buddha was looking mighty fine when I returned home.


HOME, my favorite place. 


When you come home, your house should smell delicious.


The Greenwold Girls wanted to figure out when we moved out of Cleveland. 


Ellen reports as follows:


Donna thinks she was 12, I was 10 and you were 8 and Amy was 7 and Ruth was 17.  If that’s correct the year would be approx 1961.


Not right, says Ruth. I graduated from Shaker Heights High in 1964.





No comments:

Post a Comment