Friday, March 12, 2021

HI MOM

 


Hi Mom,

She may be gone but she's not forgotten.

In the picture she is making me a big meal. She passed on April 21, 2020. 

Thanks, Ma. That is what mothers are for. 

Lemme tell you what I'm making in my crockpot right now.

I've got the timer set for an hour in case the ingredients stick to the bottom.

HEARTY VEGETABLE SOUP.

Green beans, sauteed onions, mushrooms, brown rice and Compari tomatoes.

Just a few tasty ingredients.

...

Did a lot of reading in my Reading Room. You would like it. A calm, quiet place, where the noise of the outside world doesn't seep inside.

Focused on reading John Sandford's SHOCK WAVE about bombings at an unpopular store resembling Walmart.   

We hear from the bomber himself who talks about vital mistakes he has made.

The book is so wordy I tend to skip over certain parts, but, hey, who planted those bombs which are killing people, including our hero VIRGIL FLOWERS.

...

Was just at Scott's and he served me his fantastic split pea and vegetable soup with potatoes, canned corn, garlic and other things. Man, was that good.

I won't add taters to my soup as they take too long to cook. He cut everything into tiny amounts.

Great idea!

... 

Nice and warm today.

I put my swollen foot from a fall on a slab of ice and it's looking better.

Falls! 

It does in many people.

Good God, Mom, who can forget when we went to see the Xmas lights 2 years ago, and I said, Wait in the car Mom and I'll help you out.

When I got to the car I could not find you.

You had fallen onto the driveway.

Ellen took you to the doctor the next day.

...

Without question, I miss you.

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I yell

HELLO MOM!!!

Loneliness stalks me even though I have Scott.

As you can imagine Dan and his family do not know I exist.

Was gonna call and say hello to them shortly but can't bear their rejections.

...

The light in my living room is dim.

Not necessary to have on bright lights.

Your mom, Gramma Lily, was a stickler for turning off all lights not being used.

...

Gonna take a look at the TIMES CHRONICLE now until the PBS Evening News comes on. They're gonna discuss the civil conviction of Minneapolis officers responsible for the killing of George Floyd.

YOU WERE VERY CURIOUS ABOUT WHAT WENT ON IN THE WORLD.

LOVE, Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment