Thursday, March 11, 2021

My brain was torn asunder when I went off lithium - How I helped Myself

 As I write this, I have just returned from a walk around the block. It is sunny and bright outside. I did get out of breath when I walked up the hill of Sleighride Road, and I always wonder, Will this be the end of me?

Always drink water when you get back in the house.

Yessum. Hold on.

Used the same rubber 'udder' that I used at Norristown Hospital back in 1984 when I had my manic break.

Am writing this for my friend Hera, Queen of the Gods, who came off lithium and had a dreadful time of it.

So did I.

Here's what I did to help myself.

Bought some BABY TOYS at nearby garage sales.

Sat or lay on the floor and played with them, restructuring my brain.

Did it help?

Absolutely!

Hope I can find those toys.

FIRST THE HUGE ROCKING BALL with music, that never falls over.

Mine did not have the goofy face. 

AND THE ALL-IMPORTANT 'BUSY BOX' ALSO CALLED THE 'ACTIVITY BOX.'


Ah, there it is. Made by Fischer Price.

Wonder if they are still in business.

Okay, the rest of the day is ours!

Gonna sit on Scott's bench and read A PROMISING LAND by Barack Obama.


AND YES I believe in a Higher Power, I just don't know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment