Monday, March 8, 2021

GOOD MORNING, WHAT IS THAT INFERNAL NOISE ON MY STREET !!!

 I'll tell you what the noise is. 


All the layers they must go through.

Ending up, I suppose, in China, which should be at the opposite end.


Last night, I slept in warm clothes in my Bed of a Thousand Books, and said, Why should I watch this depressing show by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. about how African Americans have suffered from even before they landed on our shores.

Of course you should watch, I chastised myself.

Gates quoted so many people - experts and people whose stories we were not familiar with.

True horror stories about the way people with darker skin were and are treated.

I checked my funds and mailed a check for $200 to WHYY. In Greencastle, PA.

And told them to mail the accompanying book to my grandchildren.

Next thing on my list is to send work to BLOOD AND THUNDER, prose and poems dealing with medicine. 

First, though, I will eat my Kidney Bean Soup, with crunchy celery. 


Wedding photo of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. She has had some serious issues due to the racism of the Royal Family. They were concerned about how dark the baby's skin would be. 

Meghan suffered from suicidal ideation.

Hopefully she is fine and will rebound when more accusations occur.

This is the state of her and Harry's world. 

...

Just read something about preserving your hearing. I am now listening to background music on WRTI FM and not straining my ears, in my opinion.

Certainly in the past I have been to loud rock concerts. What other loud noises might strain these important apricot shaped ears of mine?

Will lie down in bed shortly and continue reading ENDURANCE by astronaut Mark Kelly. After being in space for 129 days and getting tested upon his return, he is at high risk for fatal cancers. Also the sac in which his heart lies has shrunk to a third of its regular size.

Yet he would do it all again. For science. For traveling far beyond our solar system.

Tonight when I left Scott's after watching the PBS Evening News, I looked up at the sky and saw the wonder of the constellations.

WHO can explain them to me?


WHO?




No comments:

Post a Comment