Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Photos please! Contents of Mom's house end up in my basement - aka Family Room

Ellen hired a moving truck to bring her things over from Gantt Drive, Huntingdon Valley. 

For many years we owned the renowned NOW AND THEN SHOP. That is where I met my husband Millard Grove Deming. My dad first called him MillARD. 

Whatever you do, Ellen, do not bring Aunt Ethel's couch.

Here it is.

Sculptured bottom of couch. They don't make em like they used to, though my two red couches from Gamburg's are quite nice. I call them my living room desks.
It's a shame, I said to Ellen, you can't bring the B Altman desk here. There it is with a gorgeous lamp. Mom had such great taste.
From Guy Cooper.


Akuba bushes that stay green in the drab winter, bought at Galbally Nursery on Davisville Road.

Go quickly, before people 'wise up' and see you.

A toilet can indeed be a thing of beauty, right Michaelangel?


The vanilla is all dried up but preserved on my blog.
Shawn bought this Ford van from a friend of his. Next day someone stole the catalytic converter out of it. Shawn and his friend Bill both knew my mom, Bernice. 
They are headed to Florida now. 

Dyou like my painted on designs?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment