Friday, March 18, 2022

AN APPT WITH THE EYE DOCTOR - LILAC POEM

 She was physically beautiful, the daughter of Dr Armstrong, and told me how to get rid of my crusty pus-filled stye - or BLEPHARITIS - and I must adhere to directions and do it every day.

Went upstairs and soaked a compress - or washcloth- in hot water from the new shower faucets. 

I did this five or six times and liked the way it felt.

The I came downstairs and applied OPTASE eyelid cleansing wipes on both eyelids and inside my eyes.

There is a video you can watch. Here is the URL.

www.aao.org

Fingers crossed it works!

Hold on, I've gotta blow my schnzozz now.

HONK HONK HONK !

Can you hear Kalie barking across the street?

...

Ellen is helping me out with my diabetes. She buys crackers. 

I tasted one of them.

"Ellen," I said. "It doesn't even taste like food!"

She is going to call our relatives Marilyn and Stuart who still live in Cleveland. A joke accompanies Marilyn, which I will forego telling.

...

I showed Ellen where a lilac bush is growing in my back yard. It is doing very well. There is also one in the front yard. Both are from Galbally Nursery on Davisville Road.

THE LILAC TREE REACHES FOR THE STARS

She is now taller than I am

Buds be yellow 

like tasty dumplings

my mother in law would make

with Pioneer Biscuit Mix

the singing of the birds

the pounding of the woodpecker

on the chimney next door

will complete the metamorphosis

not into a grasshopper by Kafka

but into a Grecian beauty of all time

O lilac, o lilac, wilt thou be mine!


Did I tell you I spoke to my friend Harriet Rellis in Florida?

She and husband Steve vacation there in a lovely town house for the older folk.

Told her it was hot up here - 71 now - and I was wearing a blouse she gave me - looks Picasso-esque and a pair of shorts of mine own.

Since I am losing weight these grey shorts are not snug, nor smug, for that matter. Or, truth be told, as Celeste Ng would write in Setting Little Fires.

Earlier today neighbor Sue was in front of my house with Sydney, a very shy sheep dog.


Before her they had WESLEY. I wrote several poems about Wesley. What an intriguing name. 



No comments:

Post a Comment