Sunday, March 6, 2022

My favorite books are library books

 

Yes this is mine own public library. Book drop over on the right.

Masks are mandatory.

Wrote a piece called THE ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES OF THE PUBLIC LIBRARY, and munching on nuts of every variety, I submitted it to LITERARY YARD. 

My readers were Scott and Judy who really liked it.

Walked around block. Am so lucky I can walk unimpeded. Threw away two canes that were Mom's. Beautiful but why clutter up my house? Left them out on garbage day but no one wanted them.

I did wave thank you to the garbage men, which is very important to me. They are hard workers and deserve our thanks. They belong to a union. 

Had an enormous salad for dinner that included sauerkraut and chunks of Henry Cabot Lodge cheddar cheese.

Darkness at Noon. The name just came to me. By Arthur Koestler.

A spy thriller.

Shall we look it up?

About a totalitarian society like 1984 or Animal Farm or Trump.

Walked around block earlier while it was still light. Speaking of which, Helen Leight of WXPN-FM is retiring. Great advocate for new music and also, I believe for breast cancer. 

Am quickly doing a breast exam now while it's on my mind.

Don't feel like reading now, but would like to watch a great disaster film. I did think of writing one myself, but I need a break.

DISASTER FILM

Ear splitting sound

Luckily my babies have flown the coop

The neighborhood lights up 

Dogs beg-bark-yowl and howl

Has Putin lost his marbles

Go away you bum

You thug

You damage master

Your legacy be damned.


No comments:

Post a Comment