Sunday, March 13, 2022

DONATIONS

 I am the kind of person who questions everything.

Why, I ask, do I always read in the living room, as I am now. Answer at blog's end. 

Am reading THE ATLANTIC - thank you Rem for the subscription - about John Gunther's book DEATH BE NOT PROUD.

The editors thought, No, we cannot publish a book about a 17 yo's brain tumor that killed him.

They were wrong. The book was a best seller with proceeds going to fund research into pediatric cancer.

Now before I continue on with this blog, I am gonna get off and pick up some of the stuff on the living room floor.

Got a note from Jimmy Carter who wants money to help with terrible diseases in Africa like the guinea worm.

Good grief!

I have never donated to his causes before, so I just may.


The light comes pouring in to my living room. Let's see... four windows, plus those in the adjoining kitchen. 

LIGHT

With light and a working body
you can do most every thing.
If you cannot do it, you can
use your imagination.

When I walk briskly from my living room
into the kitchen, I feel tall as a bride
in veil and lacey dress.

I whisper to my husband
when we marry, we will build
a swimming pool in my
huge back yard.






No comments:

Post a Comment