Friday, March 11, 2022

Neurology appt today

 John S Khoury, MD. Abington, PA.

A short bio of Khoury was provided. He is interested in sleep disorders and also likes to play poker.

He asked interesting questions. The worst was count backwards by 6 from 100. All the while I was memorizing four words.

Yellow, Sidney, Bike and Hope. (Thank you Scott.)

Mild Cognitive Impairment, tho if I can get my A1C down, it has been as high as 11 - he whooped - I may have a fighting chance.

Continue exercising, he said, and I told him I also ride my stationery bike in my bedroom. He engaged in very good eye contact. I know that folks with Alz do not.

I have an AMY's bowl of THAI RED CURRY in the oven now. Timer set for an hour. Aluminum foil covering over the meal.

YES, I was mildly traumatized by the diagnosis.

Gotta get an MRI. Will call Foxhall and see if he will prescribe, once again, some generic Klonopin. Clonazepam. 

Khoury also had me walk and saw that I bent to the left, a result of sciatica. 


Ruthie, I feel confident that you will improve, both the  mild cognitive impairment and your A1c.
Stay positive and work it. 
❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment