Wednesday, March 23, 2022

BILLS BILLS AND MORE BILLS - FIRST DAY OF NEW MED

 No, not Bill Gates or the late Bill Considine or Bill Evans, the sausage king.

Those were the days when Simon and I would drive in his blue and white SUBURBAN to the Eagle Diner and have fabulous mostly unhealthy meals.

While walking around the block I pulled up one small GRAPE HYACINTH, a weed, and stuck it in a tiny vase on my kitchen window sill.

Was writing a letter to my friend Sandy in Lansdale when I found Dante down the street.

Why am I slurping?

Guess.

Am drinking Folger's Instant with a dollop of Almond Milk.

Scuse me as I take anudder sip.

Today is the first day I am trying a new medication. 

Coffee, in my opinion, helps just about every condition EXCEPT insomnia.

Signed up on LinkedIn.

No idea if that was a good decision or not. 

Derision is a word similar to decision.

FIRST DAY OF NEW MED

Through my long and storied career as a bipolar woman

there were so many meds I took.

You have heard of Schindler's List by Stephen Spielberg

This is Ruthie's list

Lamictal, Lithium, Cogentin, Navane or thiothixene, in the virgin white bottle.

Meantime as a poet novelist and short story writer, I carried on

And still do. 

AND NOW, if you will excuse me, slurp slurp, I will finish Celeste Ng's Playing with Small Fires.


This couple from UKRAINE will marry now before he gets deployed to fight.





No comments:

Post a Comment