Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Welcome home from physical rehab, Dearest Neighbor, across the street

 Mother and daughter live across the street.

In good times I would climb up the steep poop-filled hill and sit in one of the

CVS-stacking chairs. Ah, it was nice resting my feet and talking with a woman I felt

comfortable with. Earlier today a huge black truck arrived and began loading equipment, I thought, into 

their home. I remember a Jesus Christ cross hung in the living room and knew the woman believed in 

an afterlife where she would meet her husband Charlie.

All this equipment, I thought, will keep her healthy. She is not that old. 83 to my 75. And very wise.

Might I pray to her Jesus to keep her healthy and happy and to shut up that barking dog, Kalie. 



No comments:

Post a Comment