Friday, July 23, 2021

Baubles, bangles and beads

 

As a child I always LOVED jewelry. We'd get catalogs in the mail and I'd page through them.

Mom? Could you please buy me.....

My late mother wore beautiful pearls and a lovely wedding ring, gold, if I remember, studded with diamonds. 

I keep my jewelry in a secret place in the house. Hmm, it might even be here in the composing room where I share a photo on the closet door with the late Steven Weinstein, who may still be writing letters to the editor on Mars. 

Half I keep in a long plastic box, the other in a Giant Tissue box.

Right now, I am wearing my turquoise turtle earrings Sarah bought me in Atlantic City. Luckily I found them and walked around the block in them this morning.


None of these are accurate likenesses, but I just wanted to show you. 

I do have an armed guard at the door.

Thanks, Bill Carr, for posting this on my door post years before you passed of Alz disease. Your wife Carol still lives in your house on the very high hill. I visited thother day. Your son Kevin was mowing the grass. 



Thanks Lynn for this lovely Timex watch. Though it says it stays dry, I don't wanna chance it so I remove when I shower.


Helene gave me a number of these when she moved out of her Bauman Drive House. This one has little designs across it. 215 643 3521. Was that your phone number, HAR? 

Now I've put one on that is made of different stones and affixed with a terribly thin piece of elastic. It is a gorgeous piece of jewelry and I have no idea who gave it to me or why I do not wear it.


Tried to give this away to sister Donna but she didn't want it.

One time when we were in Ocean City, N J, I bought some lightweight earrings in an intricate Chinese pattern.

Still wear em when I can find em.

If only I could photograph these dangling black n white beauties shaped somewhat like a coffin.

Bought some earrings from my friend Elaine Klawans.

What a talented woman, she and Alan are. 

We were at a Democratic Rally at the Upper Moreland High School. I think it was for Kathleen Kane who was later booted out for various improprieties. 

I also met and spoke briefly to Bill Clinton, defender of Haiti. When I had my kidney tplant in 2010, loads of phlebotomists were from Haiti. They had most unusual names. 

Back to Bill Clinton. I'll tell you something, tho. Monica's life was totally ruined. Was it worth it? 


Mom's cloisonné necklace.

When my time comes simply bury me in all this gorgeous jewelry. We'll have an open casket. And YOU help yourself, before the worms get to me, and take what you want.

You know, if there isn't already, there should be a little Golden Book called: A DAY AT THE FUNERAL.



No comments:

Post a Comment