Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Visitors - I had Visitors Today

 The phone rang. An 856 number. Who could it be? Marcy from California?

NO! It was my sister Donna.

Want company? she asked.

Sure, I said, figuring it was sister Donna.

Then the lot of em walked in.

Masked of course.

Sister Donna, then Sister Ellen, and then Melsy. Do we still call her Melsy?

Melissa is Donna's daughter, the dentist. She is on furlough and getting unemployment.

Hold on, I've gotta take a sip of cold water from my new Britta.

While I was au kitchen I grabbed a bowl of pretzels and peanuts.

It was so great to converse with my family.

Melissa called me a 'minimalist' the way I arranged my house. Not too many things.

We discussed my teeth. Haven't been to a dentist in about five years.

She asked if I brush my teeth.

(Look I'm not Peter Roth back at Goddard College.)

Yes, I said, and I floss and I use the Water Pik every single day.

You should be fine, she pronounced.

Thank God!

Donna was asleep on my purple ottoman empire. A beautiful sight to behold. She had driven here all the way from New Jersey so she was out cold. Still has her lovely white hair, as do I.

They would all sleep at Gram's, my late mother's house. What fun ! They would have a doozy !!!

...

Today I heard from my former teacher Eva Berlin, now living at her granddaughter's in Warminster.

From Richard Bank, author, who loved my Letter about Chris Bursk.

From Janet Alaska, great writer from Eva's group.

Marie Higgins, a neighbor I rarely see, except when she walks Tucker.

Remember the days when there were these GREAT yo yo players?

Duncan yoyos. YOU WISH YOU COULD DO ONE MEASLY TRICK !


No comments:

Post a Comment