Monday, July 5, 2021

Mad Swirl comes through with my poem about the late Anne Sexton - Write poetry to help folks heal

 Click here, we hope, for my latest MAD SWIRL selection. 

The poem is called WATCHING AN OLD INTERVIEW WITH ANNE SEXTON ON YOUTUBE.

AND, here is the great JONI MITCHELL, who is a featured artist on WXPN-FM. She is recovering nicely from her stroke.

Ya know, I had a couple of mini strokes several years ago. They are scary. I take 81 mg of baby aspirin daily. 


The beaded beauty is only 77.

November 7, 1943 (age 77 years), born in Macleod, Canada.

I am drinking very strong instant coffee in Helene's glass cup.

While I have your attention, lemme write a poem.

AN AMERICAN IN WILLOW GROVE, PA

Drugs? Did a few in my time. Pot up at Goddard College
where Wendy watched us and said, You'll have to leave
before you start the hallucinations

Cocaine in the back seat of a car. As I snorted
I sneezed. So long cocaine.

Back at Goddard, I typed up Frank's thesis
I took NO DOZ and nearly swung like a gibbon
from the trees.

My preferences, you ask.
Maxwell House Medium
Peach Decaf from Sister Lynn
and Elite Coffee from Israel
as I tap it into Helene's cup.

Tap tap tap, but not like at the dentist.

JUST CALLED BERNIE SAMUELS at Paul's Run.

Wanted to see if he received my poem, which he did, and liked it very much.

I write these poems specifically to help people heal.

My dad taught me that a long time ago.

At Majestic Specialties, where he was the manager, we rode in a car with Moritz, whose wife had recently died.

Dad spoke about what a wonderful woman she was.

Still you love, Dad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment