Friday, July 23, 2021

Loads to do today

 Time to reorder my new DAILY MINDER Calendar.

No good photo of it on the net.

I get all ready.

Eat several spoonfuls of fresh sauteed mushrooms. Yesterday I burned every single one of them.



Get the renewal page of the Calendar Ready.

Have my Credit Card Number Ready.

C A L L.

A woman answers. 

I can't understand her name.

MISTY.

And where are you located, I ask her.

Federal law prohibits us from telling people.

That's ridiculous I say. 

We commence with the phone call.

Everything I say she repeats.

I am bent over my kitchen table at an odd angle.


An old photo. 

On the front page is the type of calendar I want. If you say the words Renew my order, you will get $3 off on shipping.

DONE!


My sister Donna.

I had been using her cutting board she gave me a dozen years ago.

Since I only had ONE CARD in my mailbox, I decided to RUN AFTER DANTE with a card thanking Donna for the cutting board.

The heat was abominable!

I found his truck. Of course he wasn't in it, but I started walking up the street to meet him.

Huffing and puffing. Like the Three Little Pigs.


There were these two little boys in caps who apparently live on the same side of the street as me.

Dyou know where the mailman is, I asked.

Dad said he'd be coming down the hill.

I was exhausted!

And all the films I watched last night including one about a 22 yo woman seeking independence who backpacks in the Grand Canyon.

And nearly dies.

So exciting! So foolish. She lay down to die. Her thirst was so profound. Native Americans followed her trail and saved her.

Dante, I said, when I found him.

I always like to tell him my secrets. 

I love the challenge of finding you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment