Thursday, July 15, 2021

POEMS that appeared out of nowhere - MASKS - FRANNY AND ZOOEY - MY TURQUOISE BUDDHA

 

MASKS

They come in many designs

American flags

Black and white polka dots

Perhaps we can even polka when wearing them

Flamingoes at Hialeah Park

Another casualty from the pandemic

We visited every winter back then

And now my sister writes that LeRoy's Flowers

right in the heart of my town

has shut its double doors

Masks

riding like the last Cowboy

across the lonesome plains

of the sky

What we cannot understand

We must accept.  

 

FRANNY AND ZOOEY

Desperate, I order books on the Internet

Little do I know that reading this volume,

cream-colored like the Torah

is like meditating, over and over and over again.

 

MY TURQUOISE BUDDHA

Out front on my lawn

A Buddha I spray-painted turquoise

fades fast. Winter rains, snows, and

other assaults fazes him not at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment