Saturday, July 10, 2021

BBQ at Scott's and much much more!

 

In the mail, a tote bag arrived from the Lakota Indians. It is so gorgeous - though unasked for - I could not throw it away.

So today for the first time I used it.  I brought dozens of things to Scott's, including my diabetes pen. I continued reading THE HAPPINESS THIEF by Nicole Bokat. I'll write a review of it. 

Sarah and I just chatted. Ethan is playing in ITALY, meeting some musicians there to do various gigs. 

Now here is a question I'd like to pose to you, my Dear Readers.

I was loading a photo onto my blog of a charming woman named LL.

He photo was in the Lifestyle section of the Times Chronicle, which loves to reject me.

It's not appropriate to have it on my blog unless I ask her permission, but what if I would simply cut out her photo and put it on my Barnes Fotos on my fridge - no room - or in my bedroom - still plenty of room.

I'm gonna post someone else. 


This is filmmaker Rory Kennedy.  See Wiki description below. 

Rory Elizabeth Katherine Kennedy (born December 12, 1968)[1] is an American documentary filmmaker and youngest child of U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy and Ethel Skakel. Kennedy has made documentary films that center on social issues such as addiction, nuclear radiation, the treatment of prisoners-of-war, and the politics of the Mexican border fence. Her films have been featured on many TV networks.

RORY, says Ruth, is 52 years old. Her mother, Ethel, is still alive at 93.

Scuse me, says Ruth, as I sip a cuppa cold water, fresh from my Britta.

BUT the water is too cold.

I told Sarah I wanted to write a story about someone dying. Possibly bc I have lost Freda Samuels and Ingrid Fisher. 

Who could I write about? Who could I write about?

When I got upstairs to my big computer, which is sort of like a fancy organ


Sorry, can't find the attribution, said Old Salty, former newspaperwoman

I found notes for a story I wanted to write. The heroine was named Randy, but I decided to use KATHY.

And she dying of AGENT ORANGE.

Agent Orange is a herbicide and defoliant chemical, one of the "tactical use" Rainbow Herbicides. It is widely known for its use by the U.S. military as part of its herbicidal warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand,[1] during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971.[2] It is a mixture of equal parts of two herbicides2,4,5-T and 2,4-D. In addition to its damaging environmental effects, traces of dioxin (mainly TCDD, the most toxic of its type)[3] found in the mixture have caused major health problems for many individuals who were exposed.

Up to four million people in Vietnam were exposed to the defoliant. The government of Vietnam says as many as three million people have suffered illness because of Agent Orange,[4] and the Red Cross of Vietnam estimates that up to one million people are disabled or have health problems as a result of Agent Orange contamination.[5] The United States government has described these figures as unreliable,[6] while documenting higher cases of leukemiaHodgkin's lymphoma, and various kinds of cancer in exposed US military veterans. An epidemiological study done by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention showed that there was an increase in the rate of birth defects of the childre.n of military personnel as a result of Agent Orange.[7] Agent Orange has also caused enormous environmental damage in Vietnam. Over 3,100,000 hectares (31,000 km2 or 11,969 mi2) of forest were defoliated. Defoliants eroded tree cover and seedling forest stock, making reforestation difficult in numerous areas. Animal species diversity sharply reduced in contrast with unsprayed areas.[8][9]

The use of Agent Orange in Vietnam resulted in numerous legal actions. The United Nations ratified United Nations General Assembly Resolution 31/72 and the Environmental Modification Convention. Lawsuits filed on behalf of both U.S. and Vietnamese veterans sought compensation for damages.


..........

So what should I do now? 

Suggestions, please!

Put them in a Kleenex box and we'll have a random drawing.



No comments:

Post a Comment