Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Yes, I miss my childhood, do you miss yours? Poem: CUP OF HOT CHOCOLATE

 When I was a kid, our family would travel to different states. I would collect those small bars of soap that came with the room.

I'd wrap them in toilet paper and bring them home, then I'd put them in my top drawer, wrapped in tinfoil.

I am reminded of this by someone on WRTI-FM, a composer, who did the same thing.

Am eating a couple of eggs now, a cut-up Compari tomato, and garlic.

Delicious!

Am also making Mushroom-Onion soup in the crockpot in a base of almond milk.

Made delicious cocoa sweetened with real maple syrup.

Okay back to my back porch where I will continue reading my teacher's book. The typeset is irregular with misspellings but I am enjoying the book.

At first I started reading it on Scott's porch but I knew yellow jackets would drown in the hot chocolate.

Ecstasy for them but not for me.


CUP OF HOT CHOCOLATE

Hard to believe but the cup I just drank out of

traveled from my sister Donna's house when it flooded

and was filled to the brim with mud.

The cup with designs of grapes and fruits of the earth

has a teeny tiny crack, which I cherish, saying

yet again, No one is perfect. Not a one of us.

I don't even try.




No comments:

Post a Comment