Friday, November 27, 2020

Scott and I will celebrate Thanksgiving today, Black Friday - Poem: Holding the Cup





Masked viewers walk around MACY'S at Herald Square in NYC. 

I, Ruth Deming, have a terrible dilemma. Should I or shouldn't I.

Probably, I will.

Scott and I will celebrate Thanksgiving today, Friday, November 27, 2020.

Woke up at 7 am and finally finished THE CABIN AT THE END OF THE WORLD by Paul Surovell, I mean Paul Tremblay.

Okay, gonna turn on my Bradford Tea Kettle.

The coffee's good but I put it in a cup where the flavor leeched out of a tea I drank there.

Hold on, lemme check again.

Just switched cups.

In search of perfection, never give up.

In bed last night, got ideas for lots of short stories and wrote em down on an ad to resubscribe to The Atlantic, which was a gift from the truly brilliant Rem Murphy.

Ok, the Young Wallander awaits me. 

When I clicked on it, a sign read, Price increases to 13.99 a month on Dec. 1.

HOLDING MY CUP

Maxwell, how I have missed you, 

but on this special day with Mommy gone

half a year, and seeing the Girls yesterday,

Donna and Ellen, who discussed your -

alas, the words - death, the coffee will

not only ease my pain but also my joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment